Sheer Bliss has been delivering massages in the workplace for the last 10 years and increasingly it is not a trend but rather a necessity to see companies taking care of their staff. The average cost of staff turnover is significant in any organisation. We see a rise in companies offering staff more benefits to stay with the company but giving them a feeling of belonging in the company family.
- A short massage stimulates three main chemicals in the brain
- Dopamine – this is a goal oriented chemical in the brain that inspires you to take action.
- Serotonin – another main chemical in the brain which gives a sense of value within the office family as well increases our sense of importance.
- Oxytocin – helps to strengthen “office family” relationship as well as trust.
- Knowing you have something exciting to look forward to will keep you going and pushing harder – just think about the countdown to a holiday, the same concept applies for a treat to a team.
- When people enjoy something together, and see a likeness in each other that they can relate to, they will bond as a team, this makes for better team work overall.
- Monthly massages have health benefits such as increased circulation and lymphatic drainage, these actions in the body boost the immune system and on a muscular level prevent major muscular problems or at least help to detect them in an early phase to prevent staff having to take time off work to treat painful ailments.
- People who feel appreciated perform better, staff who are given time during office hours to enjoy something personal such as donate time to a charity, work on a community upliftment project or take care of themselves are more productive during office time because they have a sense of fairness.